Monday, May 16, 2011

short and sweet...

...and to the point!

Best.  Birthday.  Weekend.  Ever!  The BIFF and I had a fantastic time, celebrated kind of a lot and spent all day of my birthday sleeping!  The first day of being almost old was spent sleeping....way to mark a new year.  I can't complain about being tired for at least a week! ;)

The girls I nanny for gave me the sweetest home made birthday cards!  One was full of wishes that I stay forever and ever (she's 7) while the other's was a thank you for being her best friend and always being there for her (she's 12).  I couldn't have asked for kinder words from little kids and will treasure these cards forever!

After work I came home to hubb-o surprised to see me so early and a little bummed that I caught him in the middle of something.  He was working on a surprise for me that he wanted a little more organized before I walked in.  But, I neglected to tell him I was coming home early....because he neglected to tell me HE was going to be home early!

The surprise?....Are you ready for it?.....He painted the baby room for me!!!  At least since Wednesday (when I had a contractor come bid a bunch of work for the house, including that room), he was planning to do it while I was gone.  He confirmed the paint color without my catching on, picked up the primer and the color and did the whole thing while I was away celebrating without him because he couldn't make it this weekend.  Yay for sweet sweet birthday surprises!  My sewing room is now officially underway!

Oddly enough, I stopped at Target today and randomly decided to purchase the last of my photo frames for the gallery wall I'm putting in that room.  I thought, "who knows when we'll actually get stuff done this summer, but at least I will have them all purchased..."  Can you imagine my excitement to come home to a painted sewing room?!  NO MORE BABY NURSERY!!!!

Time to study.  Three more finals and then I'm finished with school for the summer!  Wooo!  Two more days to go.  I can do this.  (big breath).  Here I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment