Thursday, June 23, 2011

minus the sunshine...

Summer is in full swing!  Well, minus the sunshine because it's been 65 and rainy this week.  YUCK!  Who has cold Summers in the midwest?!  The world is ending.  I'm sure of it.  Here's what I have going on in the coming weeks.  Countdowns galore!


*16 hours until the Sis-n-law and hubb-o come to visit
*5 days until Chicaaagggoooo!
*11 days until I'm home from Chicago with the best sistercousin in the world spending the week at my houshe!
*4 weeks until the BIFF from Colorado is at my houshe!
*9 weeks until Summer is over....(insert whammy noise here....)


The Sis-n-law:
Is coming to visit for the first time since we moved from Denver.  She's really just driving through heading home after a wedding, but a visit is a visit is a visit!  Her new hubb-o (November 2010) will be with her and they're coming in around 10:00 tonight.  Tomorrow we'll have breakfast and off they'll go.  Breakfast seems to be our thing with E and P.  The last few times hubbs and I have been home, breakfast seems to be the time we have with his sister.  I like breakfast.  And I like his sister.  So I guess it all works out just fine, huh?  :D


Chicago:
Have you used www.vrbo.com?!  It's fantastic.  Here I am using my blog as a commercial, but I don't even care!  I found a great condo just minutes from downtown for half the price of a hotel!  Two bedrooms, one bath (because the bigger ones were taken already) a fully stocked kitchen, dining room, living room, and free bikes during our stay.  How's that for home away from home?!  I have to pack my own towels for this particular property, but that's okay....I'd rather not share towels with strangers anyway...


Sistercousin:
H is staying with me and I couldn't be happier!  She's the funniest person I know and I can't spend even 10 seconds with her and not laugh.  She has the same effect on my hubb-o which makes her even better!  He and I don't always share the same likeness in people....but H is impossible to not like!  If only I could talk her into living with me forever.....


BIFF from Denver:
M is coming to visit this Summer and it's going to be her first grown up vacation out of her home state!  I'm excited for her!  Too bad I don't live somewhere a lot more awesome.  But friends are friends no matter where they stay.  This friend is staying with ME and we're gonna have a great time!  Woo!!  Bring on JULY!


The end of Summer:
Let's not talk about that one....


What is your favorite time of year?  
Who is your favorite person to spend time with?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment