Thursday, June 16, 2011

let the beat rock...

So....Summer is in full swing (minus the fact the average temperature around here lately has been about 70* and rainy...booo!!!) and I have yet to get excited about returning to classes in the Fall.  Maybe next month will be the month I'm ready?  Maybe not...

I have a million things going on and coming up and I'm excited about all of it!  Here's a list long enough to make up for all my absenses (oops...did I forget to mention that I love Summer and sometimes go MIA for days on end...?)

1. I (finally) fixed the itunes glitch on my computer and loaded my *new* ipod that's been sitting on a shelf for about six months since I purchased it!  Woo! (*New* means it's 6 months old after sitting on the shelf, but also because it was older than that when I bought it since it's a refurbished cheap-o from a sketchy electronics resale shop that made me feel like a Mafia mama when I was shopping...yikes!)

2. I realized that I forget how much I love music until I sit down and actually purchase it...and then play it.

3. I realized that my Bose docking station is a million times better than my Toyota stock stereo and that if I had a Bose in my car I might be in heaven.  Come to think of it....with all the time I spend in my car I really should be able to justify making it as enjoyable as possible...!

4. My sewing room really is coming together!  Fabric swatches have been cut to fit my frames (for the gallery wall).  I need to press them, hem them and finally frame and hang them.  The dresser drawers have been washed down, pulls removed, holes puttied, new pulls purchased...knobs too, and are awaiting the weekend for sanding!  Yah-hoo!

5.  I've had company over for dinner twice in the last two weeks which means my last two weekends were enjoyed with friends...something I didn't have time for prior to Summer.  Oh and I have company coming over again next weekend.  Hello fun!  (Maybe I'll blog about menu details later....)

6. My cousin slash practically my little sister is coming to visit me in less than two weeks!!!

7.  When faux sis gets here we're headed to CHHHIIICCAAAAGOOO!!!!  First time ever and we're ridiculously excited!  I found a fantastic deal on a 2 bedroom condo just a few minutes from downtown and we'll be there for 5 days duurrring the Taste of Chicago which I have almost done somersaults in my living room for.  After Chicago, H is staying a couple days longer to hang around the homestead a while before going back to work.  I think we'll have about 7 or 8 days together when it's all said and done.  Even hubb-o is excited to see her!  She has been a favorite of his since the first time he met the fam.  Too bad she's not actually a sister....but then again, maybe that's why we're such good friends. ;)

8. My BIFF from Colorado is coming to visit at the end of Summer!  I was afraid to count down the days because it meant that right after she left I would be going back to school.  But with it getting so close (5 weeks away!) I don't even care anymore!  She hasn't visited since I moved away because she was getting married right after I left...so I traveled there for wedding stuff.  But now she's coming here and I can't wait!!!

9. I'm still Facebook sober and it's wonderful.  

10. I found a new online addiction but so far it's not as time consuming as Facebook.  If you haven't checked it out (or even heard of it) www.pinterest.com, you should right click right now and save in a new tab for viewing after you finish reading this...otherwise you'll get sucked in and you won't come back here!  It's an online idea board that allows you to post images of all sorts of web based fabulousness.  The best part is that dragging images automatically stores the source so you don't have to save links to your browser bar or your favorites...just pin the pic and you're set.  It's more amazing than it seems at first and you can browse boards without joining which makes it fun even if you don't want to create your own account and pinboards.

11. I've logged more hubb-o time, couch time and reading time than I can even begin to remember.  It's all been fabulous!

12. I'm working on my Summer reading list.  So far I'm 2 books for 2.5 weeks of Summer (based on my Summer work schedule...not my Summer break from school).  I'm starting a book tonight that I hope to finish by Sunday which will keep me on task at one book per week.  Book number one: When We Were Friends by Elizabeth Joy Arnold.  It's a great book about friendships, betrayal, and unconditional love.  Book number two: Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner.  Another great friend book, but even better than the first mentioned.  Weiner is one of my favorite authors (Wine-er, by the way, not wee-ner...poor girl) and this book literally made me laugh out loud multiple times.  The story covers the unconditional love of best friendships, but also throws in the not so possible comedy of a small town crime in the aftermath of a high school reunion.  Wonderful.  One of my favorites from Jennifer Weiner.

13.  I'm brainstorming ideas for my kitchen cabinets.  They desperately need help and I can't afford to replace them.  Paint is about all I can work with at the moment and if I weren't so comfy on my couch right now I'd go snap a picture and post it on here so you could see what I'm dealing with over here.  My wall are pine green...which I selected...and love!  My cabinets...are white, and not just white...country bumpkin beadboard and white.  Ugh.  Don't get me wrong, they're charming....but not with pine green walls and not with gold round pulls with huge white plastic circles in the middle of them.  Hello 1980-something....  Yuck.  Help!  Ideas?  New doors are out of the budget and really, I just need a paint color and I think I'll be happy.

14. I'm losing my train of thought because I'm thinking about going to bed even though it's not even 10:00.  I've had a random work schedule this week which means my 5am mornings have ceased for the time being.  That being said,  I've worked the night owl in me two nights in a row this week and if I keep going, I'll never get back into my routine after the weekend.

15. Back to books, this week's read is "The Lace Maker's of Glenmara".  I found it in the bargain bin at Borders while shopping with the girls last week.  E picked it out for me and I'm hoping my faith in her ridiculous intelligence for an 8 year old doesn't let me down!  I'll let you know how it goes when I get back on here!  No promises on a time frame because it's SUMMER!!!  And that means I live by as small of a schedule as possible! :D

Peace Out.

What are you doing this Summer?!

What did you plan for Summer that you haven't started yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment